MOFFAT LIBRARY BUILDING OPEN
We’ve missed you and we are so excited to announce we have reopened our doors to: 1-hour in-person visits for browsing and select services including photocopies, wireless printing from your device, faxes & notaries, 1- hour limit computer use.
Again, we’re working hard to reopen in a manner that maintains the health & safety of our patrons and our staff.
As we make our way towards restoring full services to our community, we ask that our patrons review the new safety protocols and procedures that we have put in place to ensure the health and safety of all.
Please review the following before visiting the library:
- Temporary Safety Practices Policy (adopted 8/6/20)
- Patron Guidelines (adopted 8/24/20)
LIBRARY BUILDING REOPENS TO VISITORS (updated 6/1/21)
Services Available At Moffat Library Building
- Browsing of Adult, Children & Teen Collections, as well as magazines for checkout (1-hour limit & capacity 50%)
- 1-hour computer and Public Internet terminal use & printing sessions
- Reference Services (by appointment, telephone or email)
- Reader's Advisory Service
- Wifi printing, faxes, photocopies, scanning
- Notary Service
- Checkout & Library Account Services at Circulation Desk
- Self-checkout for no touch checkout
- RCLS Gateway app self-checkout with smartphone
- Drive-Thru & Curbside Pickup of library materials continues
- (Home Delivery Service is also available)
LIBRARY BUILDING HOURS (for 1-hour walk-in visits):
We have taken many steps to modify the Library facility in response to social distancing guidelines. We have also introduced a cleaning and disinfecting protocol that follows CDC guidelines every day the library is open. The last 1-hour visit will be 1-hour before closing time.
Monday – Thursday: 10 am - 8 pm
Friday: 10 am - 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday: 12 - 5 pm
DRIVE-THRU PICK-UP WINDOW & CURBSIDE PICK-UP HOURS:
Monday – Thursday: 10 am – 8 pm
Friday: 10 am - 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 5 pm
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING THE LIBRARY
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY:
- Do not visit the library if you have or had recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath or feel in any way unwell.
- If you need library service, call us for homebound delivery or for alternative assistance.
Face Coverings and Social Distancing
- Face coverings over the mouth and nose must be worn by all individuals over the age of 2 at all times inside the library and during curbside pick-up service. Read more about our mask mandate here.
- Practice social distancing; stay at least 6 feet from other people and follow directional signs on the floor.
In accordance with New York State mandates and guidance from the CDC, access to the building is subject to occupancy limits. You may be required to wait outside or reminded when you have completed your time in the library.
There is a 1-hour limit for visiting the library. Patron may browse the collections, use the copiers, send print jobs to our printer and fax, request up to 1-hour for computer use (ask at desk for assistance).
When Entering the Building
- We are asking patrons to sign-in, sign-out and provide an email address or telephone number upon entry to the library (for contact tracing purposes only).
Borrowing Library Materials
- Borrow material using the Self-Checkout machine (next to the circulation desk) or by visiting the Circulation Desk.
- Download the RCLS Gateway App from your App Store for self-checkout with your smartphone.
- Move towards the Reference or Circulation Desks only when indicated by a staff member or librarian.
- Continue to use our virtual services when possible. Go to: moffatlibrary.org to see our current online services that are available. Call or email us with reference or account questions.
Returning your Library Materials
- Please return library materials to the outside Book Return (at the end of the Drive-Thru drive).
- No late fees will be charged.
- No water fountains as per the New York State Department of Public Health.
- No seating in the building.
- Public restrooms are restricted to one-person use for each restroom, with the exception of a parent and small child(ren). (Children’s Room restroom is closed)
- Library program and meeting rooms remained closed until further notice.
A NOTE TO OUR PATRONS
We thank you for your continued patience as we work to make your visit to Moffat Library as safe as possible.
Services Available 24/7