WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING THE LIBRARY
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY:
- Do not visit the library if you have or had recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath or feel in any way unwell.
- If you need library service, call us for homebound delivery or for alternative assistance.
Face Coverings, Gloves and Social Distancing
- Face coverings over the mouth and nose must be worn by all individuals over the age of 2 at all times inside the library and during curbside pick-up service. Read more about our mask mandate here.
- Practice social distancing; stay at least 6 feet from other people and follow directional signs on the floor.
In accordance with New York State mandates and guidance from the CDC, access to the building is subject to occupancy limits. You may be required to wait outside or reminded when you have completed your time in the library.
There is a 1-hour limit for visiting the library. Patron may browse the collections, use the copiers, send print jobs to our printer and fax, request up to 1-hour for computer use (ask at desk for assistance).
When Entering the Building
- We are asking patrons to sign-in, sign-out and provide an email address or telephone number upon entry to the library (for contact tracing purposes only).
Borrowing Library Materials
- Borrow material using the Self-Checkout machine (next to the circulation desk) or by visiting the Circulation Desk.
- Download the RCLS Gateway App from your App Store for self-checkout with your smartphone.
- Move towards the Reference or Circulation Desks only when indicated by a staff member or librarian.
- Continue to use our virtual services when possible. Go to: moffatlibrary.org to see our current online services that are available. Call or email us with reference or account questions.
Returning your Library Materials
- Please return library materials to the outside Book Return (at the end of the Drive-Thru drive).
- Expect a delay before items are deleted from your account.
- No late fees will be charged.
- No water fountains as per the New York State Department of Public Health.
- No seating in the building.
- Public restrooms are restricted to one-person use for each restroom, with the exception of a parent and small child(ren). (Children’s Room restroom is closed)
- Library program and meeting rooms remained closed until further notice.
A NOTE TO OUR PATRONS
We thank you for your continued patience as we work to make your visit to Moffat Library as safe as possible.