A unique program for the patrons of the Moffat Library of Washingtonville
The Moffat Library circulates a family pass to selected museums and other educational and fun activities within a comfortable drive from Washingtonville. The passes entitle you to free admission and/or discount. Rules for each site differ. Ask at the Circulation Desk for details.
Participating sites include:
- Boscobel House and Gardens (845) 265-3638 ext. 137. (FREE ADMISSION FOR UP TO 4 GUESTS - FRIDAY TO MONDAY 10 AM TO SUNSET)
- Dia: Beacon (845) 231-0811. (FREE ADMISSION FOR UP TO 5 ADULTS AND CHILDREN UNDER 18; FRIDAY - MONDAY 10 AM - 5 PM; APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER)
- Now Open. Advance reservations must be made on their website only at: https://www.diaart.org/ and make reservations. Updated 4/15/22.
- Dia: Chelsea (845) 231-0811. (FREE ADMISSION FOR UP TO 5 ADULTS AND CHILDREN UNDER 18 WEDNESDAYS THROUGH SATURDAYS 12 PM TO 6 PM)
- Hudson Highlands Nature Museum (845) 534-5506. (FREE FAMILY ADMISSION FOR 2 ADULTS IN SAME HOUSEHOLD & CHILDREN UNDER 18).
- Calling ahead is suggested. Updated 4/15/22.
- Hudson River Maritime Museum (845) 534-5506. (FREE FAMILY ADMISSION FOR MUSEUM ONLY; Thursday through Sunday, 11 am - 5 pm; 2 PASSES AVAILABLE).
- Check website at: www.hrmm.org to verify museum hours and learn about any restrictions. Updated 4/15/22.
- Mohonk Preserve (845) 255-0919. (FREE ADMISSION - 1 PASS PER ADULT, CHILDREN 12 AND UNDER FREE WITH ADULT; 2 PASSES AVAILABLE )
- Motorcyclepedia Museum (845) 569-9065. (WAITING FOR PASS UPDATE FROM VENUE)
- Normal Pass Admission. Masks required. Updated 4/15/22.
- Museum at Bethel Woods (845) 295-2501. (FREE ADMISSION FOR UP TO 4 PEOPLE. OPEN DAILY 10 AM - 5 PM - WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CONCERT DAYS, PLEASE CHECK WEBSITE)
- Museum Village (845) 782-8247. (WAITING ON PASSES FROM VENUE)
- Open Saturday & Sunday 11AM-4PM. Updated 4/15/22.
- Storm King Art Center (845) 534-3115. (FREE 6 - PERSON CAR ADMISSION - ONE CAR PER DAY PER MEMBERSHIP)
- Show pass at admission booth. Updated 4/15/22.
Borrowers must be adult Moffat Library patrons in good standing and a $25 deposit and a picture I.D. will be required. Family Fun Passes have a loan period of three days.
Stop in or call the Library at (845) 496-5483 to find out the details.
RULES FOR THE FAMILY FUN PASS PROGRAM
- Borrower must be a Moffat Library patron in good standing.
- Borrower must be 18 years or older.
- A photo ID is required.
- A $25 cash deposit is required at time of checkout for each pass. If the card is lost, patron will forfeit deposit and will become responsible for the full membership cost of the pass.
- Passes may be reserved ahead of time, but the same family may not take the same pass more than one time in a 2-month period. This is so all patrons wanting the pass have an equal opportunity to reserve it.
- Loan times will vary depending on the pass. Please check with the circulation desk staff for the particulars of the pass you are interested in.
- Passes must be returned on the due date marked on the check out receipt.
- Passes that are not returned within 3 days are charged $10 a day up to $50.
- For return of the $25 deposit, please drop off pass at the circulation desk, and not in the book-drop.
- If you have reserved a pass and need to cancel, please give the library 24 hours notice, so that there is an opportunity for another patron to take it out.
- Repeated failure to notify the library of a cancellation could result in forfeiture of use of the Museum Pass Lending Program.