Moffat Library of Washingtonville is pleased to provide free wireless Internet access for the use of our patrons.
Patrons agree to abide by the following rules is a precondition for having access to the wireless network:
- Patrons must accept the library’s basic Internet policy and rules for access to the Internet. Paper copies of this policy are available at the circulation desk. Patrons must comply with all state and federal laws including those related to obscenity, pornography and delivery to minors of materials deemed harmful to them.
- Access to the library’s wireless network requires an authenticated barcode and password. Holders of the library cards from any Ramapo Catskill Library System library may access the network by using their assigned barcode and PIN number.
- The patron is entirely responsible for setting up his or her laptop to permit wireless access through the library’s network.
- Patrons may not use the library’s printers with their personal laptop equipment.
- Moffat Library of Washingtonville does not assume any responsibility for the safety and integrity of personal equipment, laptop configurations or data files.
- Moffat Library of Washingtonville cannot vouch for the security of wireless communications. It is strongly advised that wireless communication not be used for the transmission of sensitive or personal information.
- Patrons are responsible for providing virus protection for their personal equipment.
- Moffat Library of Washingtonville staff members cannot configure a person’s personal laptop or to provide assistance with the installation of hardware or software.
- Moffat Library of Washingtonville cannot vouch for the reliability of any website nor the success of any online transaction.
- Moffat Library of Washingtonville wireless network may require periodic maintenance, and the library cannot be held responsible for unforeseen down time.
- Patrons using personal laptops in a manner disturbing to others in the library will be asked to turn off the equipment. Repeated violation of this rule will result in suspension of user privileges.