Tutoring is an activity which relates to the library’s role as an educational support center. Use of the library’s East Room is permitted for non-profit (e.g. Literacy Volunteers) or Washingtonville Central School District sanctioned tutoring activities, subject to availability.
The following guidelines are to be observed:
1. Tutors will contact the library to reserve use of the East Room. Tutors must read and sign the library’s East Room Policy.
2. No other areas of the library are available to tutors as this space is reserved for research, reading and study.
3. Tutors scheduled to use the East Room will be excorted to the room by a library staff member. Tutors must return to the Circulation Desk to inform the library staff when they are finished. Tutors and their students must enter and leave the library building through the main library entrance.
4. School aged students being tutored in the library are the responsibility of the tutor while on library property until released to a parent/guardian or authorized transportation.
5. Students of the Washingtonville Central School District who are being tutored at the Moffat Library must have a valid Moffat Library card.