East Room Policy
The East Room of the Moffat Library is an important component of the library’s service. It is available to any community group regardless of that group’s political, religious or social views, however, it may not be used for commercial or profit-making purposes except with the expressed approval of the library Board of Trustees.
1. The East Room is available only during hours when the library is open except for programs sponsored by the library and supervised by library staff.
2. All meetings must be scheduled in advance with the library director. Library programs will have precedence for use of the East Room. No group may schedule meetings for more than two months in advance nor for more than one use per month (special exceptions may be made by the library board of trustees).
3. PERSONS USING THE EAST ROOM WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES INCURRED BY THE LIBRARY AS A RESULT OF LEAVING THE BUILDING UNLOCKED AS WELL AS ANY DAMAGE TO THE EAST ROOM AND/OR ITS CONTENTS.
4. Persons using the East Room must provide insurance naming the Town of Blooming Grove as an additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000.00. A certificate of insurance must accompany this application.
5. All equipment, furniture, and supplies in the East Room are the property of the Moffat Library and may not be used without the consent of the library director or Board of Trustees. The East Room must be left in the same condition in which it was found. All furniture must be returned to its original configuration. If the sink area was used, it must be cleaned and all utensils, appliances, or dishes must be washed and put away.
6. Persons or groups scheduled to use the East Room will be escorted to the room by a library staff member. They must return to the circulation desk to inform the library staff when they are finished.
7. No smoking is allowed in any part of the library building at any time.
The signing of this policy constitutes an agreement by the undersigned to adhere to the rules of the East Room Policy and to ensure that no member of the group violates the rules set forth.
PURPOSE OR GROUP NAME______________________________________________
CONTACT PERSON___________________________ HOME PHONE ___________________
DATE REQUESTED ____________________________ TIME_________________________
Signature of Library Director____________________________ Date______________
This policy was approved by the Moffat Library Board of Trustees
September 25, 1996
Revised June 26, 2006