Book Lovers’ Links
- Authors on the Web – A Web site that spotlights various author Web sites.
- Based on the Book - A compilation of over 1,250 books, novels, short stories, and plays that have been made into motion pictures.
- BookMooch – BookMooch lets you give away books you no longer need in exchange for books you really want. BookMooch is a community for exchanging used books.
- Book Page - A monthly book review publication recommending the best books for readers of all types.
- Bookmarks Magazine – Since 2002, Bookmarks has been summarizing book reviews, highlighting the best works of classic authors, polling experts on non-fiction recommendations, and uncovering everyday readers’ favorite books.
- Bookreporter.com – Provides book reviews, interviews and excerpts on all the latest books as well as special features, polls, and contest about books, authors and reading.
- EarlyWord – A blog and Web site giving the earliest information possible on new books.
- Goodreads – The largest social network for readers in the world, where members recommend books, compare what they are reading, keep track of what they’ve read and would like to read, form book clubs and much more.
- I Love Libraries - The American Library Association’s Web site for the public, designed to keep America informed about what’s happening in today’s libraries, which are found in public, school, academic, corporate and institutional settings.
- Kent Library District What’s Next Books in Series – A database to help search series fiction for kids, teens and adults.
- KidsReads.com – Fun and reading advice for kids ages 6 to 12.
- Library Thing - An online service to help people catalog their books easily. LibraryThing also connects people with the same books, comes up with suggestions for what to read next, and more.
- New York Times Bestseller Lists – An overview of the week’s best-selling hardcover fiction and nonfiction, as well as paperbacks and children’s books.
- Oprah’s Book Club – Oprah launched Oprah’s Book Club from The Oprah Winfrey Show on September 17, 1996. To date, Oprah has chosen 65 selections for her book club.
- Reading Group Choices - Selects discussable books and suggests discussion topics for reading groups.
- Reading Group Guides - A Web site built especially for reading groups, providing them with all they need to make their book club experience better than ever.
- Shelfari – A gathering place for authors, aspiring authors, publishers, and readers, and has many tools and features to help these groups connect with each other in a fun and engaging way.
- TeenReads.com – The younger version of Bookreporter.com, which provides teens with an opportunity to read about the books that interest them the most and to share ideas and suggestions with their peers.