Friends of the Library
FRIENDS OF MOFFAT LIBRARY ANNUAL MEETING AND “HIDDEN HUDSON VALLEY” PRESENTATION
Wednesday, October 22nd @ 7 PM
Join the Friends @ 7 PM for their Annual Meeting, where you can find out what exciting events are coming up this year for the Friends. Directly following @ 7:30 PM, Anthony Musso will do a presentation on little-known Hudson Valley sites that figure prominently in the Revolutionary War, early American industry & local and national politics. This is sure to be an enlightening evening! Refreshments. Please register by calling 496-5483 x 324 or register online at moffatlibrary.org.
HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE& FAMILY STORYHOUR
Sunday, December 7th, 1 – 4 PM
Family Storyhour @ 2 PM
Come join us for some holiday cheer & good wishes! Refreshments compliments of the Friends of Moffat. Children ages 3 & up w/ one adult (or more!) are invited to join Miss Anna for stories & songs to celebrate the holidays. A gift for every child! Please register for Storyhour by calling 496-5483 x 324 or by going online @ moffatlibrary.org.
HOLIDAY GIFT BASKETS ON DISPLAY
Stop by the library in December & purchase tickets to take chances on winning a beautiful basket filled with books, gift certificates to local merchants & other goodies.
Drawing will take place at the library on Friday, Dec 19th @ 3pm.
All Friends proceeds go towards the Historic Moffat Building Fund
SAVE THE DATE: Meet the Authors Luncheon – Sunday, April 19, 2015 @ the Round Hill House
The only way to have a friend is to be one.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
WHAT WE DO
- Beautify the grounds outside Moffat Library with plantings
- Sponsor our annual Memorial Day Bake Sale
- Decorate the Library for the holidays
- Sponsor our annual Holiday Open House & Story Time
- Sponsor our Holiday Basket fundraiser
- Deliver items to homebound patrons
- Sponsor an Annual Authors Luncheon fundraiser
- Raise funds for library programs and equipment
THE FRIENDS OF MOFFAT LIBRARY
We are working for the Moffat Library by promoting the library, its services and programs to the community. Everything we do benefits the library! Please read about the events planned and let us know if you would like to help with any of them you will have fun and meet other Friends, too!
If you are interested in helping with any of these projects, please call us at the Moffat Library 845-496-5483 Ext. 323. Your Friends have been very active and plans to continue to provide support to the library. Please become active with us!
WHO WE ARE
- Friends are people who care about libraries and who believe in what libraries represent.
- Friends are individuals who are interested in promoting their library by improving its services, resources, and its role in the community.
- Friends are doers, as well as donors, who foster greater use of the library and its services.
WHAT WE DO
- Friends are volunteers who form a non-profit organization, bringing together people who are interested in establishing a closer relationship between the library and the public it serves.
- Friends support the library in many different ways and are recognized by the library and the community for their sustaining influence.
- Support from the Friends helps the library maintain its role in providing resources and information to the Washingtonville community.
Want to join? Contact us at (845) 496-5483 x323 or fill out a FOML Application today!