Friends of the Library
Friends of the Moffat Library Proudly Presents
MEET THE AUTHORS LUNCHEON
Sunday, April 19, 2015, 12:00 – 4:00 PM
Round Hill House, Washingtonville, NY
Tickets $35 per person includes buffet lunch. Cash bar available
Cocktail hour begins at Noon. Lunch will be served at 1:00 PM
MEET BILL DEDMAN AND LAUREN WILLIG
Bill Dedman’s investigative journalism won him a Pulitzer Prize in 1989 while writing for the Atlanta Journal Constitution. He has subsequently worked for NBC News and has written for the New York Times, The Washington Post and The Boston Globe. Presently he writes for Newsday, Long Island’s largest paper. He is the author of the bestselling non-fiction book, Empty Mansions, recounting the life of the eccentric, reclusive heiress, Huguette Clark.
Lauren Willig is the New York Times bestselling author of thirteen works of historical fiction. Her books have been translated into over a dozen languages, awarded the RITA, Booksellers Best and Golden Leaf awards, and chosen for the American Library Association’s annual list of the best genre fiction. She has authored the Pink Carnation series, The Ashford Affair and The Summer.
The only way to have a friend is to be one.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
WHAT WE DO
- Beautify the grounds outside Moffat Library with plantings
- Sponsor our annual Memorial Day Bake Sale
- Decorate the Library for the holidays
- Sponsor our annual Holiday Open House & Story Time
- Sponsor our Holiday Basket fundraiser
- Deliver items to homebound patrons
- Sponsor an Annual Authors Luncheon fundraiser
- Raise funds for library programs and equipment
THE FRIENDS OF MOFFAT LIBRARY
We are working for the Moffat Library by promoting the library, its services and programs to the community. Everything we do benefits the library! Please read about the events planned and let us know if you would like to help with any of them you will have fun and meet other Friends, too!
If you are interested in helping with any of these projects, please call us at the Moffat Library 845-496-5483 Ext. 323. Your Friends have been very active and plans to continue to provide support to the library. Please become active with us!
WHO WE ARE
- Friends are people who care about libraries and who believe in what libraries represent.
- Friends are individuals who are interested in promoting their library by improving its services, resources, and its role in the community.
- Friends are doers, as well as donors, who foster greater use of the library and its services.
WHAT WE DO
- Friends are volunteers who form a non-profit organization, bringing together people who are interested in establishing a closer relationship between the library and the public it serves.
- Friends support the library in many different ways and are recognized by the library and the community for their sustaining influence.
- Support from the Friends helps the library maintain its role in providing resources and information to the Washingtonville community.
Want to join? Contact us at (845) 496-5483 x323 or fill out a FOML Application today!